It was recently announced that the US would be getting an Ultimate Edition of God of War III.
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has announced the worldwide release of the God of War III Ultimate Edition available exclusively for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system. Built by the fans and for the fans of the award-winning God of War franchise, the God of War III Ultimate Edition will feature an assortment of exclusive collectible and digital content encased in a high-end sculpted replica of Pandora's Box. Scheduled to release along with God of War III in March 2010, consumers can pre-order their copy of the God of War III Ultimate Edition beginning today from select retailers and receive a free PlayStation Network voucher code to download the God of War III E3 2009 demo.
"The God of War franchise has an incredibly loyal fanbase and we know they will be extremely excited with all the exclusive content and memorabilia we've packed into God of War III Ultimate Edition," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President, Marketing, SCEA. "With fans waiting patiently for the arrival of God of War III for the PS3, we wanted to make sure their anticipation was properly rewarded."
God of War 3: Ultimate Edition:
- Exclusive Collectibles – High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
- Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews
- Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
- God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
- Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
- God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
- God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
- God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).