The combination of a new hardware model and lower price made PlayStation 3 the best-selling home game machine in the U.S. for the month of September 2009 for the first time ever, the NPD Group reported today. Sony was able to sell 491.8K units 32.4K units short from unseated the Nintendo DS with 524.2K units.
Total sales of videogames in the U.S. were $1.28 billion dollars, up 1% from last September.
U.S. Hardware Sales, September 2009:
Top 10 Software Sales, September 2009:
- Halo 3: ODST (360, Microsoft) 1,520,000
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii, Nintendo) 442,900
- Madden NFL 10 (360, Electronic Arts) 289,600
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story (DS, Nintendo) 258,100
- The Beatles: Rock Band (360, MTV) 254,000
- Madden NFL 10 (PS3, Electronic Arts) 246,500
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360, Activision Blizzard) 236,000
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, Square Enix) 212,500
- Guitar Hero 5 (360, Activision Blizzard) 210,800
- The Beatles: Rock Band (Wii, MTV) 208,600